Special Meeting of Members and Residents
More than 150 residents attended a meeting on April 27, 2017 discussing development in Sandy Hill, and proposed changes to the R4 zoning which affects the vast majority of our neighbourhood. This zone permits all forms of residential development up to and including 4-storey apartment buildings.
After hearing concerns raised by many Sandy Hill residents, particularly about ‘bunkhouse’ developments, the City is currently reviewing all R4 zoning in Ottawa. The outcome of this study could have enormous impact on future development in our community. Are these beneficial changes for Ottawa? Are they enough to reverse recent trends in Sandy Hill?
How do I get involved?
- See the City’s R4 Review Page (link below)
- See the ASH response letter and presentation (link below)
- Submit your comments to the planner, Tim Moerman, our Councillor, Mathieu Fleury, and copy Action Sandy Hill. The final deadline is May 31st but your comments by May 18th would be appreciated. Send an email and don’t forget to copy ASH!:
- R4zoning@ottawa.ca or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Receive all the ASH updates and support your local community association! Join ASH here.
- Attend the Action Sandy Hill AGM on Thursday May 18, where a special resolution on development in Sandy Hill will be presented and voted on by the membership.
- ASH R4 Review Presentation (as presented April 27, 2017)