Terms of Reference
The work of the sub-committee would consist of:
- Maintaining an up to date inventory of long term vacant/derelict buildings and lots in Sandy Hill;
- Working with property owners, Ottawa City staff and Council Members as well as other interested agencies (eg. Heritage) to seek solutions that return vacant sites & buildings to use before they become derelict;
- While sites are vacant to monitor them and work with the City of Ottawa to achieve compliance with existing property standards bylaws;
- Working with property owners, Ottawa City staff and Council Members as well as other interested agencies (eg. Heritage) to propose initiatives to ASH planning committee to renovate, redevelop or landscape those sites which have become a blight on the neighbourhood;
- Be the liaison point for ASH for any new City of Ottawa applications for demolition of vacant/derelict properties; and
- Provide feedback to the City of Ottawa on behalf of ASH regarding any public consultations related to changes to the vacant buildings property standards bylaws.
The committee’s work is documented at: https://sites.google.com/site/fixmeupward12/our-mission.
Last Updated: 02-October-2013