The mandate of the Fundraising Sub-Committee is to assist ASH in the planning, coordination and implementation of all fundraising activities in support of the projects and activities of the association. In particular, the Sub-Committee will, on request or with the permission of the Board, perform the following tasks:
- Advise the Board on any fundraising matter.
- Develop the fundraising strategy for the association
- Implements, monitors and evaluates the fundraising strategy once it is adopted
- Identify and maintain a list of existing and potential sponsors and funders
- Assume the lead for certain fundraising activities, such as membership recruitment
- Assist Board Members in managing interactions with sponsors/funders: obtaining funds or in-kind services, thanking sponsors/funders in writing
The Sub-Committee may be headed by one Chair or two Co-Chairs. Any member is eligible to join the Sub-Committee upon nomination by the ASH Board. A request for nomination may be sent to the Co-Chairs of the Committee.
The Sub-Committee will try to hold a meeting every month, mid-month. Additional meetings may be held at the discretion of the Chair or co-Chairs.
The Sub-Committee will report regularly to the ASH Board through the Chair of the Communications, Membership and Outreach Committee. The Sub-Committee will report to the ASH Membership at the Annual General Meeting.