Building on our recent Vision Sandy Hill Initiative (partnering with the Sandy Hill Community Health Centre), ASH’s Block Representatives and Board are publishing a “wish list” of qualities they expect from any candidate running in our ward.
“Action Sandy Hill would like to see a Councillor who will:
Stand up for, and defend, Sandy Hill’s heritage
- Be proactive about flagging upcoming developments to ASH and help us advocate for protecting Sandy Hill’s heritage buildings
- Reverse the up-zoning of residential Sandy Hill to preserve its diversity and heritage
Lead efforts to preserve Sandy Hill’s diversity
- Recognize the unique balance of diversity in Sandy Hill, and who will fight to protect it by advocating for a city-wide Student Housing Strategy
- Stop the development of massive condo buildings along Rideau Street
Advocate for improved city services in Sandy Hill
- Proactively boost city services in Sandy Hill, including by-law enforcement
- Proactively tackle by-law infractions such as illegal rooming houses, noise and garbage violations.”
We will be asking each of the candidates to comment with their views on the above and will update this page as they arrive.