Updated from Annual General Meeting
Congratulations to our new President (and returning Board Member):
- Chad Rollins
Also to our new Board Members:
- Camille Ainslie
- Pat Archer
- Denis Forget
- Brian Murphy
- Jeremy Silburt
- Marc Tremblay
All were acclaimed at the May 15, 2014 AGM.
And many thanks to the following retiring Board members for their enormous contributions to Action Sandy Hill’s Board and committees over the past several years.
- Christopher Collmorgen – President
- Sophie Beecher
- Jane Gurr
- Alice Kwong
- Kyle Simunovic
This year’s award for ASH Voluneer of the Year was presented to: François Bregha.
The ASH Annual General Meeting will be held on Thursday, May 15, 2014 in the Main Hall of the Sandy Hill Community Centre (250 Somerset Street East). We encourage all ASH members to attend. This year’s agenda will include:
- A review of the last year’s events
- Elections of President and new Directors
- Presentations from our elected representatives and an opportunity to connect with them about issues that you care about.
Time and Details
- 6 pm: Doors open for membership renewal and community information displays
- 7 pm: Start of meeting (promptly)
- Links to a variety of documents of interest, including a proxy voting form, are found at the bottom of the page
Call for Candidates for the ASH Board of Directors
Candidate List (as of 15 May, 2014)
We are calling for nominees for the positions of President and 8 vacant positions on the Board of Directors. Please send your name and a brief (200 word maximum) biography to David Dyment, Elections Officer, (firstname.lastname@example.org) or email@example.com. The biography should include some reasons why you wish to join the board and what areas are of most interest to you.
- To run you must be an ASH member resident in Sandy Hill for at least 30 days
- Full detail are available in the ASH Bylaws, section 4.2
If your membership has expired or is about to expire at the end of this year, then please consider renewing your membership now rather than waiting until the AGM. This will save you time by avoiding the long line up at the AGM. To renew, please complete the form found at:
You may either mail or drop off the completed form along with your payment to:
Action Sandy Hill
c/o Sandy Hill Community Centre
250 Somerset Street East
Ottawa, ON K1N 6V6
Paper copies of the forms are also available at the community centre. Please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have questions regarding your membership.